- A form of football played on an oval ground with an oval ball by teams of eighteen players. Official name Australian National football.
The game dates from 1858. Players may run with the ball if they touch it to the ground every fifteen meters, and may pass it in any direction by punching. There are both inner and outer goalposts: a behind (between the outer posts) scores one point and a goal (between the inner posts) scores sixMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Played under Compromise Rules, the game was one-half under Gaelic Rules and one-half under Australian Rules and the oval ball.
- Unlike their male counterparts, the women compete against teams from all Australian Rules football-playing states and the standard of play will only improve with the experience.
- This section of the paper will provide information concerning collective bargaining agreements in Australian Rules football, soccer, rugby union, and cricket.
Más definiciones de Australian RulesDefinición de Australian Rules en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional