Definición de Blackfoot en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Blackfeet)
1A member of a confederacy of North American Indian peoples of the northwestern plains. The Blackfoot confederacy comprised three closely related tribes: the Blackfoot proper, the Bloods, and the Piegan.
- The great explorer David Thompson recorded the account of an Indian named Saukamappee, who described how, in the summer of 1781, the Piegan Blackfeet had raided a Shoshone village.
- Durnstein feels terribly distant from the American West., Glacier National Park, and the Blackfeet Indians of Montana.
- When the federal government offered the Indian New Deal to the tribes, the Blackfeet voted to accept the IRA because it fit their vision and customs.
2The Algonquian language of the Blackfoot.
- There are Masses in Cree, Chipweyan, Blackfoot and Dene as well as English.
- In other words, I spoke broken English and broken Blackfoot and I still speak that way.
- She explains that when she tries to speak Blackfoot with her grandchildren, they look at her as though she's speaking Borg.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Blackfoot or their language.
- Thus, just as I would if I were to use the Blackfoot language, I have attempted to present nationalism as genderless within its own context.
- He also delivered the first Parliament speech in the Blackfoot language.
- In addition, Montagnais, Chilcotin and Blackfoot versions are in the process of being produced.
Definición de Blackfoot en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan