In the 16th century Brunei dominated Borneo and parts of the Philippines, but its power declined as that of the Portuguese and Dutch grew. In 1888, it was placed under British protection; it became a fully independent Commonwealth of Nations state in 1984. Brunei has been ruled by the same family for six centuries
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Oil revenues also ensure Bruneians need pay no tax and benefit from the so-called Shellfare State - free cradle to grave health care and education.
- The participants of Penguin worked up to a counter exercise, with units split into two groups, Cessnock with one group of Bruneians and Geelong with the other.
- The Brunei government has detained three Bruneian men for alleged subversion and treason, with one of them accused of leaking government secrets to a foreign country, the Internal Security Department said Thursday.
Definición de Brunei en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional