Definición de Byronic en inglés:
1Characteristic of Lord Byron or his poetry.
- We had this wonderful Byronic poet and, as with so many family stories, it was about love and money, and the loss of that money.
- ‘He really was the last of these Byronic figures we don't see any more: warrior poets, great seducers,’ he says.
- I've written an article on Byronic heroes in popular culture (a miniature version of an as yet unpublished book on the topic), and this is one of the heroes discussed.
1.1(Of a man) alluringly dark, mysterious, or moody.
- There was the Byronic man, sensitive and heroic - especially popular amongst young men of the 1830s and 1840s, and modelled after Lord Byron with his leonine head, fair skin, and a body which was regularly subjected to dieting.
- Tall, broad-shouldered, and in his mid-thirties, he was the personification of Yuppie men in cologne commercials: sleek, well-dressed, Byronic, and very much aware of it.
- Quinn simply did not like the elfinly angelic man dressed in a cross between a Byronic poet and a punk rocker sitting across from him.
Words that rhyme with Byronicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definición de Byronic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan