Definición de Christ's thorn en inglés:
A thorny shrub popularly supposed to have formed Christ’s crown of thorns, in particular.
- ● Either of two shrubs related to the buckthorn: Paliurus spina-christi (also called Jerusalem thorn) and Ziziphus spina-christi (also called crown of thorns), family Rhamnaceae.
- It is called kerenda in Malaya, karaunda in Malaya and India; Bengal currant or Christ's thorn in South India; nam phrom, or namdaeng in Thailand; caramba, caranda, caraunda and perunkila in the Philippines.
- In some areas overseas, Christ's thorn has formed dense thickets and is considered to be a serious pest.
- In addition to grains and small grasses, Weiss and his colleagues say Ohalo's early residents ate Mount Tabor acorns, almonds, pistachios, wild olives, along with fruits and berries that included Christ's thorn, raspberry, wild fig and wild grape.
Definición de Christ's thorn en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan