Definición de Christmas en inglés:
sustantivo (plural Christmases)
1The annual Christian festival celebrating Christ’s birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church.
- We asked celebrities in the town about their memories of past Christmases - and asked them how they would be spending the big day this year.
- He had spent the last three Christmases in custody.
- The more Christmases I experience, despite being an agnostic, the more I appreciate the more traditional version.
1.1The period immediately before and after December 25: we had guests over Christmas
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On hearing about financial problems striking firemen may face this Christmas, a boy persuaded his mum to buy some gifts for their children.
- He was also thinking about all those Christmases the soldiers had spent away from their families.
- McDonald said that very generally, he wanted to appeal to women on nights out to take particular care this Christmas.
exclamacióninformal Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- The band members were dressed in festive red to complete the Christmassy feel.
- I love the smell of pine and my house is now more Christmassy than ever before.
- It's so good, and easy, and Christmassy, that I thought I'd pass it along to anyone scrounging for a great dessert.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan