Definición de Coleoptera en inglés:
1An order of insects that comprises the beetles (including weevils), forming the largest order of animals on the earth.
- To date, 10 insect orders, Homoptera, Heteroptera, Lepidoptera, Coleoptera, Hymenoptera, Diptera, Odonata, Isoptera, Orthoptera, and Dictyoptera, have been recorded to be hosts of Cordyceps species.
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- The most speciose insect orders like the Coleoptera, Diptera and Lepidoptera (moths and butterflies) tend to have small genome sizes with very few or no exceptions.
1.1 (as plural noun coleoptera) Insects of the order Coleoptera ; beetles.
- For example, the coleoptera Tenebrio molitor belongs to the holometabolous insects, a monophyletic group that includes Diptera and Lepidoptera.
- The main predator taxa were spiders, coleoptera, centipedes, and ants.
- The common House Centipede, Scutigera coleoptera, shown in the image, belongs to this group.
Definición de Coleoptera en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan