Definición de Congregationalism en inglés:
A system of organization among Christian churches whereby individual local churches are largely self-governing.
- Separation of the Unitarians from the orthodox Calvinists was complicated by the status of Congregationalism as the established church of Massachusetts until 1833.
- We know that from the earliest decades of their enslaved sojourn in North America, some Africans converted to Christianity, e.g., Congregationalism, Anglicanism, and Quakerism.
- This dominant social class was, however, marked by religious crisis, with that great Boston oddity, Unitarianism, constituting a rebellion against traditional Calvinist Congregationalism.
Congregationalist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- This was also true for the Protestant denominations, including the Methodists, Presbyterians, Congregationalists, Unitarians, Baptists, and Quakers.
- Their disputes with the Church of England led to the formation of the Presbyterian and Congregationalist churches in the 1600's.
- The patterns of religious hegemony that formed Presbyterians and Methodists, Lutherans and Baptists, Catholics and Congregationalists have all dissipated since World War II.
Definición de Congregationalism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan