Definición de Congregationalism en inglés:
A system of organization among Christian churches whereby individual local churches are largely self-governing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Separation of the Unitarians from the orthodox Calvinists was complicated by the status of Congregationalism as the established church of Massachusetts until 1833.
- We know that from the earliest decades of their enslaved sojourn in North America, some Africans converted to Christianity, e.g., Congregationalism, Anglicanism, and Quakerism.
- This dominant social class was, however, marked by religious crisis, with that great Boston oddity, Unitarianism, constituting a rebellion against traditional Calvinist Congregationalism.
Congregationalist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This was also true for the Protestant denominations, including the Methodists, Presbyterians, Congregationalists, Unitarians, Baptists, and Quakers.
- Their disputes with the Church of England led to the formation of the Presbyterian and Congregationalist churches in the 1600's.
- The patterns of religious hegemony that formed Presbyterians and Methodists, Lutherans and Baptists, Catholics and Congregationalists have all dissipated since World War II.
Definición de Congregationalism en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia