- 1A division of microorganisms that are related to the bacteria but are capable of photosynthesis. They are prokaryotic and represent the earliest known form of life on the earth.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Class Cyanophyceae, kingdom Eubacteria
- That is, all Cyanobacteria and algal chloroplasts are, together, all of the descendants of some unique common ancestral cyanobacterium.
- Only Aquificales and Cyanobacteria do not present evidence of such a structuring, possibly because of a sampling effect, since only a few bacteria of these phyla have been presently sequenced.
- The significant buildup probably began about two billion years ago, with the appearance of Cyanobacteria.
- 1.1 (as plural noun cyanobacteria) Microorganisms of the Cyanobacteria division. Also called blue-green algae.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike any other flagellate algae, they contain phycobilins as accessory photosynthetic pigments, as do red algae and cyanobacteria.
- We conclude that there is no evidence available to support assignment of Halysis either to chlorophyte algae or to cyanobacteria.
- In Florida scrub, soil crusts include algae, cyanobacteria, and diatoms.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek kuaneos 'dark blue' + plural of bacterium.
Más definiciones de CyanobacteriaDefinición de Cyanobacteria en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional