- A title conferred on Henry VIII by Pope Leo X in 1521. It was recognized by Parliament as an official title of the English monarch in 1544 and has been borne by all subsequent sovereigns.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What France didn't have was a Defender of the Faith; it didn't have a Henry.
- For instance the ceremony surrounding the opening of parliament involves the Defender of the Faith but does that really influence the democracy itself?
- The king continued to have only one title everywhere - ‘of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas, King, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India’.
translation of Latin Fidei Defensor.
Más definiciones de Defender of the FaithDefinición de Defender of the Faith en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional