- An order of insects that comprises the cockroaches and mantises. They have a somewhat flattened form, two pairs of wings, and long spiky legs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rohdendorf and Hennig both hypothesized a relationship of the Dermaptera to the Dictyoptera (cockroaches, mantises, and termites).
- The earwigs comprise an order of polyneopterous insects allied to the Dictyoptera and Grylloblattodea.
- To date, 10 insect orders, Homoptera, Heteroptera, Lepidoptera, Coleoptera, Hymenoptera, Diptera, Odonata, Isoptera, Orthoptera, and Dictyoptera, have been recorded to be hosts of Cordyceps species.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Diplopods were predominant in biomass owing to the their large size, but spiders still constituted 27.8% of the total biomass, followed by coleopterans, dictyopterans, and scorpionids.
- In the dictyopterans species, however, intermediate features of granulocytes and spherulocytes led them to hypothesize a developmental relationship between both, as postulated by Gupta.
- All are predatory, but the type of prey ranges from spiders to various dictyopterans or orthopteroids to caterpillars (of either Lepidoptera or other Hymenoptera).
modern Latin (plural), from Greek diktuon 'net' + pteron 'wing'.
Más definiciones de DictyopteraDefinición de Dictyoptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional