Definición de Dorian en inglés:
A member of a Hellenic people speaking the Doric dialect of Greek, thought to have entered Greece from the north circa 1100 bc. They settled in Peloponnesus and later colonized Sicily and southern Italy.
- Herodotus speaks of Ionians, Dorians, Herakleeidai, and Akhaians among the Greeks, that is, with aggregative self-definitions.
- When Herodotus writes about Ionians, Dorians, Herakleeidai, Akhaians he also mentions myths of origins in relation to genealogies of the eponymous ancestors Helen, Doros, Aiolos, Ion, and Akhaios.
- But, around 1100 BCE, the Mycenaeans were invaded by barbarians called Dorians and all their advances disappeared.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Of or relating to the Dorian people or to Doris in central Greece.
- But Pindar and others also assign the foundation of the games to Herakles, as noted above, an attempt, some have suggested, to assert a clearly Dorian claim to the foundation of the games, since Herakles is a Dorian hero.
Definición de Dorian en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan