- A title of the Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Ecumenical Patriarch (of Constantinople) holds a position of special honor but does not have the right to interfere in the internal affairs of other churches.
- Rome's refusal to acknowledge the bishop of Constantinople as Ecumenical Patriarch, the subservience of popes to emperors, even the use of unleavened bread in the Eucharist and the discipline of clergy figured more prominently.
- Now, over 500 years later, the Ecumenical Patriarch of the whole Greek Church continues to be based in Istanbul.
Más definiciones de Ecumenical PatriarchDefinición de Ecumenical Patriarch en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional