Definición de Embioptera en inglés:
A small order of insects that comprises the web-spinners.
- Despite the existence of some Neoptera in the Carboniferous (Blattaria, Orthoptera), it is highly unlikely that Dermaptera, Embioptera, Zoraptera, and ‘higher’ orders in the Neoptera would be any older than Upper Permian.
- A small brown insect that I first thought might be some type of Plecoptera or Neuroptera quickly revealed itself to be a webspinner (Embioptera).
- Embioptera (present-day webspinners) originated in the Carboniferous.
embiopteran sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- He figured and mentioned a Permian embiopteran, but the features are vague and its assignment not definitive.
- The image shows the head, mouthparts, and forelegs of an embiopteran Oligembia melanura, stained with light green, cleared and mounted on a micro-slide.
- Only for the embiopteran H. solieri were the results discordant; this insect tested positive for infection with a Wolbachia-specific 16S rRNA gene, but there was no amplification with MLST and wsp primers.
Definición de Embioptera en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan