(also Engelmann's spruce)
Definición de Engelmann spruce en inglés:
A tall spruce found in the mountains of western North America and Mexico.
- Picea engelmannii, family Pinaceae
- Montane forest has lodgepole pine and Engelmann spruce, with Douglas fir often found on north slopes and ponderosa pine on south slopes.
- In the Chilcotin, a Switzerland-size plateau on the dry, inland side of the Coast Mountains, forests of Engelmann spruce, Douglas fir, and lodgepole pine are systematically mowed down.
- Five miles up the trail the tree line - a stunted patchwork of subalpine firs and Engelmann spruces - was already behind me.
mid 19th century: named after George Engelmann (1809–84), American botanist.
Definición de Engelmann spruce en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan