- Of or relating to a dynasty ( ad 69-96) of Roman emperors including Vespasian and his sons Titus and Domitian.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His name indicates that his family was granted the citizenship by the Flavian dynasty of Vespasian.
- The settlement developed into a planned Roman town from early Flavian times.
- Suetonius, writing about the Julio-Claudian and Flavian emperors under a new dynasty, saw no reason to treat them as heroes.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A member of the Flavian dynasty.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter managed to stick, founding a new dynasty, the Flavians.
- As the Flavians advanced on Rome there were steady desertions from Vitellius' cause, though his praetorians remained loyal.
- Either way, the result was a new imperial dynasty: the Flavians.
from Latin Flavianus, from Flavius, a given name used by this dynasty.
Más definiciones de FlavianDefinición de Flavian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional