A state in the southeastern US, on a peninsula that extends into the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico; population 18,328,340 (est. 2008); capital, Tallahassee; statehood, Mar. 3, 1845 (27). Explored by Ponce de León in 1513, it was purchased from Spain by the US in 1819. It is a popular resort and retirement area.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the reasons why we might do better than other places is because Florida is comprised of Floridians, people who understand how important it is to prepare for these storms.
- Hurricanes tear apart Florida, but they bring together Floridians, family by family, neighborhood by neighborhood, city by city.
- I ask Floridians and the tourists that we're fortunate to have in our state to focus on this storm, not the line, but the whole storm itself to make their decisions.
Pronunciación: /fləˈridēən, flô-, flä-/adjetivo& sustantivo
Definición de Florida en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional