Definición de Fourth World en inglés:
1Those countries and communities considered to be the poorest and most underdeveloped of the Third World.
- Societies low on both measures, particularly the Fourth World of the very poorest countries in Africa and Asia, score low not necessarily because of conscious choice but because of lack of means of production and lack of spending power.
- When the Fourth World views the First World through the medium of television, it is exposed to a strange world most know very little about.
- However, this view has increasingly come under pressure from ecology, animal rights and Fourth World movements.
2Those communities that form politically and economically disadvantaged minorities within societies, owing to factors such as urban deprivation or discrimination against tribal peoples.
- Unfortunately, most people don't understand the conditions past and present that make many reserves fall into a categorisation of Fourth World areas (or pockets of the Third World within the borders of the First World).
- To cite only one example, the legitimacy of land-rights claims of indigenous or Fourth World peoples turns on ahistorical conceptions of culture and essentialist notions of identity.
- With a limited recognition in the United Nations and a centre in Geneva, Fourth World peoples became an effective and growing transnational coalition, of which Indigenous Australians were a part.
Definición de Fourth World en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan