Definición de Gaullism en inglés:
The principles and policies of Charles de Gaulle, characterized by their conservatism, nationalism, and advocacy of centralized government.
- Circumstances, though, made it more important for de Gaulle that the nationalist principles of Gaullism be observed.
- Does Gaullism, a tempered nationalism adapted to the late twentieth century, have any significance beyond the borders of France?
- The dominant ideologies were less statist Gaullism or statist socialism but a liberalism that had had a poor track record in France since the Revolution but that now penetrated the thinking of all the major parties.
1940s: from French Gaullisme.
Gaullist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- These trends were encouraged by highly interventionist Gaullist governments, which also fostered the continuation of other changes that had begun under the Fourth Republic.
- It began on the evening of November 21, called by four unions that cited fears that the Gaullist government intends to privatise the rail network.
- To put an end to class struggle, Gaullists hope to make use of participation, a nineteenth-century concept of which the general spoke frequently, but which he allowed his associates to ignore.
Definición de Gaullism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan