Definición de Gaullism en inglés:
The principles and policies of Charles de Gaulle, characterized by their conservatism, nationalism, and advocacy of centralized government.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Circumstances, though, made it more important for de Gaulle that the nationalist principles of Gaullism be observed.
- Does Gaullism, a tempered nationalism adapted to the late twentieth century, have any significance beyond the borders of France?
- The dominant ideologies were less statist Gaullism or statist socialism but a liberalism that had had a poor track record in France since the Revolution but that now penetrated the thinking of all the major parties.
1940s: from French Gaullisme.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These trends were encouraged by highly interventionist Gaullist governments, which also fostered the continuation of other changes that had begun under the Fourth Republic.
- It began on the evening of November 21, called by four unions that cited fears that the Gaullist government intends to privatise the rail network.
- To put an end to class struggle, Gaullists hope to make use of participation, a nineteenth-century concept of which the general spoke frequently, but which he allowed his associates to ignore.
Pronunciación: /ˈɡôləst/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de Gaullism en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán