- Term used of the Gullah dialect, or a speaker of this dialect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of all of the blacks in America, of all the African Americans living in America right now, the only ones that still have its originality, who still have its culture, who still has its language, is the Gullahs and the Geechees.
- The Gullah, who are also known as the Geechee in some parts of the South, are descended from slaves specifically brought from West Africa (now Liberia, Sierra Leone and Senegal) because of their familiarity with farming rice and cotton.
- However, there are the others through which the fortitude of the first Gullahs and Geechees still lives.
possibly from the name of the Ogeechee River, in Georgia.
Más definiciones de GeecheeDefinición de Geechee en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional