Definición de Groundhog Day en inglés:
1February 2, when the groundhog is said to come out of its hole at the end of hibernation. If the animal sees its shadow—i.e., if the weather is sunny—it is said to portend six weeks more of winter weather.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- With Groundhog Day but a distant memory, it's time for local newscasters to dust off the perennial V-Day human interest story.
- As most Americans know, Groundhog Day is February 2.
- An important part of preparing for our trek to Punxsutawney involved doing some background research on the whole Groundhog Day tradition.
1.1A situation in which a series of unwelcome or tedious events appear to be recurring in exactly the same way: she lived an unrelenting Groundhog Day of laundry, shopping, and rearing us kids
[In reference to the 1993 movie Groundhog Day, in which the central character finds himself repeatedly reliving the events of a particular Groundhog Day]
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There was also a worry about a sort of Murrayfield Groundhog Day after only six minutes when flanker Mauro Bergamasco was too sharp leaving a scrum on the Italian 22 and Paterson made a fearful hash of the attempted penalty.
- Besides, despite his Groundhog Day on Wednesday, the Prime Minister can take solace from one of the factors that so cheered him until then: the continued lack of serious opposition from the Conservatives.
- It has been well said that every Test match morning is Groundhog Day for this England side.
Definición de Groundhog Day en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda