- An autoimmune disease causing chronic inflammation and consequential failure of the thyroid gland.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the hypothyroidism of Hashimoto's disease there is autoimmune destruction of thyroid follicular cells, leading to underproduction of the hormones and eventually to thyroid failure.
- She should also rule out an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's disease, which blocks the release of thyroid hormones, and a pituitary gland problem, because both disorders have symptoms that resemble hypothyroidism.
- Deborah Doniach was part of a ground-breaking team that showed that Hashimoto's disease of the thyroid was caused by autoimmunity.
1930s: named after Hakaru Hashimoto (1881–1934), Japanese surgeon.
Más definiciones de Hashimoto's diseaseDefinición de Hashimoto's disease en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional