- 1A group of true bugs in which the forewings are nonuniform, having a thickened base and membranous tip. The predatory and water bugs belong to this group, as well as many plant bugs. Compare with Homoptera.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Suborder Heteroptera, order Hemiptera
- To date, 10 insect orders, Homoptera, Heteroptera, Lepidoptera, Coleoptera, Hymenoptera, Diptera, Odonata, Isoptera, Orthoptera, and Dictyoptera, have been recorded to be hosts of Cordyceps species.
- Other insects from these sites include Odonata, Blattodea, Isoptera, Dermaptera, Heteroptera, Auchenorrhyncha, Trichoptera, and Diptera are presently documented on the basis of only a relatively few specimens.
- Insects, such as Hymenoptera, Heteroptera, Coleoptera, Dermaptera, some Diptera, and some Lepidoptera have convergently developed an ability to attach their wings to the body when resting.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek heteros 'other' + pteron 'wing'.
Más definiciones de HeteropteraDefinición de Heteroptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional