- An oath stating the obligations and proper conduct of doctors, formerly taken by those beginning medical practice. Parts of the oath are still used in most medical schools.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This may sound odd if your vision of medical ethics is the application to medicine of the Hippocratic oath.
- I shook hands with the dean, swore the Hippocratic oath, signed up with the Medical Defence Union, and went to a party.
- The best known written code for practitioners, drawn up by insiders, is the Hippocratic oath.
mid 18th century: Hippocratic from medieval Latin Hippocraticus 'relating to Hippocrates' (see Hippocrates).
Más definiciones de Hippocratic oathDefinición de Hippocratic oath en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional