Definición de Horatian en inglés:
1Of or relating to the Roman poet Horace or his work.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The reader will meet a veritable galaxy of rakes, atheistic clergy, philanthropic snobs, scholars, apothecaries and antiquarians in this elegant, witty, informative and, in true Horatian style, entertaining book.
- One reason I've only just found the time to jump in here with some Horatian glossing is that I've spent much of the last five weeks directing a version of A Christmas Carol with sixty ten- and eleven-year-olds in Paddington.
- The Horatian quote appears also in the new edition, but sharp-eyed readers will observe an emendation: the seventh word, very, has now been removed.
1.1(Of an ode) of several stanzas, each of the same metrical pattern.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In a conventional Horatian ode, the next stanza would present the Stoic alternative.
- At the end of the workshop, he wrote a poem for us: ‘A Horatian Ode and Prayer at the End of Summer to My Buffalo Friends.’
- Unlike Pindarics, the Horatian ode (named after Horace) tends to be meditative, tranquil, and colloquial.
Palabras que riman con Horatianablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
Definición de Horatian en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda