- A condition marked by a contracted pupil, drooping upper eyelid, and local inability to sweat on one side of the face, caused by damage to sympathetic nerves on that side of the neck.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The clinical manifestations are broad but include ipsilateral ataxia, facial pain, dysphagia, loss of taste, vertigo, nausea, nystagmus, diplopia, Horner's syndrome, hiccups and contralateral pain and temperature loss.
- Other unusual but recognised presentations of cervical disc degeneration include headache, hemiparesis, hemidiaphragm paralysis, and Horner's syndrome because of involvement of the sympathetic chain.
- He remains well seven years later, with a persistent left Horner's syndrome and lack of sweating on the left side of his head.
early 20th century: named after Johann F. Horner (1831–86), Swiss ophthalmologist.
Más definiciones de Horner's syndromeDefinición de Horner's syndrome en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional