- A plant with a yellowish stem that bears a single drooping flower, native to North America and northeastern Asia. It lacks chlorophyll and obtains nourishment via symbiotic fungi in its roots.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Monotropa uniflora, family Monotropaceae
- The Indian pipe is a saprophyte, living chiefly on the decaying roots of other plants, particularly trees.
- The flowers are inodorous, and appear from June until September; their resemblance to a pipe has given rise to the names Indian pipe or Pipe-plant.
- They appear to be parasitic on the fungi as no benefit to the fungus from its association with the Indian pipe has been discerned.
Más definiciones de Indian pipeDefinición de Indian pipe en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional