- A metallic green and copper chafer that is a pest of fruit and foliage as an adult and of grass roots as a larva. It is native to Japan but has spread elsewhere.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Popillia japonica, family Scarabaeidae
- Adult Japanese beetles have a metallic green head and thorax with coppery brown wing covers and five tufts of white hair on each side of the abdomen.
- The grubs that you see in the lawn are the larvae of Japanese beetles, June beetles, and chafers.
- State and federal government agencies blanketed neighborhoods with poisons in an attempt to eradicate pests like gypsy moths and Japanese beetles.