(also Lammas Day)
- The first day of August, formerly observed in Britain as a harvest festival, during which bread baked from the first crop of wheat was blessed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tara was surprised when Scott gladly accompanied her to a Lammas gathering in August.
- Since Lammas, the days have grown noticeably shorter, and night has fallen earlier with every passing day.
- The Conference, now considered by many to be a Glastonbury institution, is always held to coincide with Lammas, formerly observed as a harvest festival.
Más definiciones de LammasDefinición de Lammas en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional