Part of French Indo-China, Laos became independent in 1953, but for most of the next 25 years was torn by civil strife between the communist Pathet Lao movement and government supporters. In 1975, the Pathet Lao achieved total control, and a communist republic was established. The end of the 20th century saw a gradual return to free enterprise
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But actually this explanation doesn't make sense: the small number of Afghans in South-East Asia is a drop in the ocean compared to the Bangladeshis, Laotians and others illegally on foreign soil in the region.
- Fifty-eight thousand Americans and approximately two million Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians lost their lives.
- My school - Lao Youth Union's Youth-Child Development Centre - is located 75 kilometres north of Vientiane, the Laotian capital.
Definición de Laos en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional