- An acute and often fatal viral disease, with fever, occurring chiefly in West Africa. It is usually acquired from infected rats.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Recently cholera has occurred in India and Peru; dengue in Panama, New Guinea, and Australia; yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, and Lassa fever in Africa.
- Other viral illnesses include influenza, the common cold, Lassa fever, and ebola.
- Advisories issued in 1998 by the Centers for Disease Control warned travelers to Sierra Leone that malaria, measles, cholera, typhoid fever, and Lassa fever were prevalent throughout the country.
1970s: named after the village of Lassa, in northwestern Nigeria, where it was first reported.
Más definiciones de Lassa feverDefinición de Lassa fever en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional