( 1809–65), 16th president of the US 1861–65. A Republican, his election to the presidency on an anti-slavery platform helped to precipitate the Civil War, which was fought during his administration. He was assassinated shortly after the war ended and before he could fulfill his campaign promise to reconcile the North and the South. He was noted for his succinct, eloquent speeches, including the Gettysburg Address of 1863.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At age 57, short and paunchy with a whitening beard, Lula is nevertheless an extraordinary, Lincolnesque figure.
- His mind was working in a Lincolnesque way, towards a grand strategy.
- Our country's self-image is still shaped, and its history is still being molded, by a Lincolnesque narrative of moral progress.
Definición de Lincoln, Abraham en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional