( 1707–78), Swedish botanist; founder of modern systematic botany and zoology; Latinized name of Carl von Linné. He devised an authoritative classification system for flowering plants involving binomial Latin names (later superseded by that of Antoine Jussieu) and also a classification method for animals.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As is often the case with Linnean genera, the concept of Valeriana was wide and included all 16 species of Valerianaceae known at that time.
- The core of the poem involves Darwin's playfully personified yet careful description of many flowering plants found in Linnaean taxonomy.
- Not only did it identify about a thousand species of plants and 464 genera, it helped to overturn the established Linnean system of botanical taxonomy.
Pronunciación: /-ˈnēən, -ˈnā-/(also Linnean) adjetivo & sustantivo
Definición de Linnaeus, Carolus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional