Definición de Little Englander en inglés:
A person who opposes an international role or policy for Britain.
- There's a peculiarly English thing about French-bashing, but there's also a Little Englander thing in general about how the film industry actually works.
- But you don't have to be a Little Englander to be concerned about the commission poking their noses into a tax regime which is, after all, in its fourth decade of operation.
- He is now too parochial to be a Little Englander.
- Example sentences
- However, if they organised industrial action to stop jobs being offshored, then I would support that, and argue against any Little Englandism or worse that might go with it.
- He said he would ‘oppose the rancid Little Englandism that has gripped the country’ - and leave the Conservative Party if it slid too far.
- Successive sterling crises have demonstrated to all but the most insular Britons that Little Englandism will not work in the modern industrial world.
Definición de Little Englander en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan