- 1A member of a people who originated in the Urals and migrated westward to settle in what is now Hungary in the 9th century ad.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the late ninth century, Slavs and Magyars advanced westward along the Danube River valley and overran the area.
- Migrants from Hungary were not Magyars but Slovaks, followed by Serbs, Croats, and Romanians.
- The Magyars settled in the neighbourhood of the Danube, and especially in the district on the farther side, as best suited to their occupation, that of cattle-raising.
- 2The Uralic language of the Magyar; Hungarian.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the Diet of 1825 Széchenyi spoke in Magyar to demand the introduction of Magyar as the official language, and helped to found the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, to develop Magyar as a literary language.
- The government made Magyar the official language and outlawed all other languages.
- With Barbara my translator, (I was going to need more than a dozen words of Magyar to understand what was going on), I drove down to Tanyacsarda in the Bugas plains.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Magyar or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the aristocrats, Count István Széchenyi, in fact broke ranks to join the gentry, and campaigned to revive Magyar language and culture in order to preface demands for political autonomy.
- Well-heeled Hungarian kids like to drink at this famously and excessively long bar, surrounded by the iconography of old Hollywood and local Magyar movies.
- The problem for the Magyar patriots is that the majority of ingredients (onions, tomatoes and garlic) now being bought by the housewives have been imported.
the name in Hungarian.
Más definiciones de MagyarDefinición de Magyar en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional