Definición de Malagasy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Malagasies)
1A native or inhabitant of Madagascar.
- The rebels themselves were responsible for the deaths of 550 Europeans and of approximately 1,900 Malagasies.
- Between them, they provided the Malagasy with the Bible in their own language.
- The Malagasy, as the inhabitants of the island are known, are mainly descended from the Malay / Indonesian and Polynesian seafarers who were the first arrivals somewhere around 500 ad.
2The Austronesian language of Madagascar.
- In the classroom, Malagasy replaced French as the language of instruction and lessons focused on Malagasy, rather than French, culture and history.
- Other languages of this type may include Albanian, Malagasy, and Toba Batak.
- Campbell is not only fluent in Malagasy, but also in the less familiar European languages (Welsh, Norwegian) in which some of these records are written.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Of or relating to Madagascar or its people or language.
- The flowers are usually identified as poinsettia, which in the Malagasy language is Madagasikara, the local name for Madagascar.
- The effect is that of a sophisticated and exotic storytelling folk music sung in the Malagasy language.
- The lamba hearty, then, continues to be a means of signaling a distinct Malagasy identity, within Madagascar and abroad.
variant of Madagascar; earlier forms included Malegass, Madegass, because of dialect division between the sounds -l- and -d-.
Definición de Malagasy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan