Definición de Mediterranean fruit fly en inglés:
A fruit fly whose larvae can be a serious pest of citrus and other fruits. Native to the Mediterranean region, it has spread to other regions including the US. Also called medfly.
- Ceratitis capitata, family Tephritidae
- One of the most notorious agricultural pests is the Mediterranean fruit fly, Ceratitis capitata.
- To fight outbreaks of the Mediterranean fruit fly, or medfly, states like California and Florida rely on shipments of millions of sexually sterile medflies reared in laboratories.
- The Mediterranean fruit fly Ceratitis capitata is a major pest of many important agricultural products.
Definición de Mediterranean fruit fly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary