Definición de Mediterranean fruit fly en inglés:
A fruit fly whose larvae can be a serious pest of citrus and other fruits. Native to the Mediterranean region, it has spread to other regions including the US. Also called medfly.
- Ceratitis capitata, family Tephritidae
- One of the most notorious agricultural pests is the Mediterranean fruit fly, Ceratitis capitata.
- To fight outbreaks of the Mediterranean fruit fly, or medfly, states like California and Florida rely on shipments of millions of sexually sterile medflies reared in laboratories.
- The Mediterranean fruit fly Ceratitis capitata is a major pest of many important agricultural products.
Definición de Mediterranean fruit fly en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan