- 1Of, relating to, or denoting a Middle Pleistocene glaciation in northern Europe, possibly corresponding to the Günz of the Alps.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the epochs before the Menapian, Elsterian, Saalian and Late Weichselian Glacials, there formed the permafrost zones, the depth of which could reach 450 m in the Estonian Monocline.
- Based on the paleomagnetic and palynological examinations the glacial deposits in Koñczyce profile are older than 750 ka BP and are likely to correspond to the Menapian.
- There is also a similarity to the majority of sponges in the Dutch / German border region that were deposited in glaciofluvial sediments during the Menapian.
1950s: from Latin Menapii, a people of northern Gaul in Roman times, + -ian.
Más definiciones de MenapianDefinición de Menapian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional