Definición de Moral Majority en inglés:
1A political action group formed in the 1970s to further a conservative and religious agenda, including the allowance of prayer in schools and strict laws against abortion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is another Catholic who was a part of the Moral Majority at the beginning.
- The Moral Majority kicks off with a pro-life, pro-traditional family, pro-national defense and pro-Israel platform.
- During the Summer, Falwell's support of Reagan gained high visibility for his Moral Majority movement that had been formed the previous year.
1.1 (moral majority) [treated as plural] The majority of people, regarded as favoring firm moral standards: smokers are often made to feel like social outcasts by the moral majority
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have no moral majority to make this stance, and I say that it is an affront to our Westminster democratic system.
- We have to be very careful of minorities that present themselves as the moral majority when they are not.
- It is unfortunate that we have not been able to secure a UN resolution or even a moral majority.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán