- 1 (also Tamla Motown) • trademark Music released on or reminiscent of the US record label Tamla Motown. The first black-owned record company in the US, Tamla Motown was founded in Detroit in 1959 by Berry Gordy, and was important in popularizing soul music, producing artists such as the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, and Marvin Gaye.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Though the Motor City's renowned for giving the world techno and Motown, it's a place with a complex musical history.
- I love all kinds of artists, from Patsy Cline to the Beatles, Motown to Hoobastank.
- I started singing to you to try and calm you down: Beatles, Motown, Mammas and Papas, even Frank Zappa.
- 2 informal name for Detroit.
1960s: shortening of Motor Town, by association with the car manufacturing industry of Detroit.
Más definiciones de MotownDefinición de Motown en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional