- 1A pale yellow pigment containing lead and antimony oxides.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Crimson, lemon yellow, Naples yellow, emerald, Veronese green, mauve and the cadmiums were all 19th-century inventions.
- The 18th-century lead antimony yellow was usually described as Naples yellow.
- The history of Naples yellow is rather obscure.
- 1.1The pale yellow color of Naples yellow, now commonly produced using cadmium, zinc, or iron-based substitutes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Various ochers, a pale Naples yellow and a pale green, all of nearly equal intensity and weight, inflect a predominantly gray field of dots.
- Although looking at that painted swatch of Indian yellow, I would swear it's Naples yellow (and vice versa, come to think of it).
mid 18th century: named after Naples, the city where such a pigment was originally made.
Más definiciones de Naples yellowDefinición de Naples yellow en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional