- 1Of, relating to, or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising North America as far south as northern Mexico, together with Greenland. The fauna is closely related to that of the Palearctic region. Compare with Holarctic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Humans introduced Old World sparrows to the Nearctic, Neotropical and Australian regions.
- Comparisons were made between larvae of C. lari and larvae of other Nearctic species of Ceratophyllus available to us.
- Striped skunks are native only to the Nearctic region.
Más definiciones de NearcticDefinición de Nearctic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional