- 1An order of predatory insects that comprises the dragonflies and damselflies. They have long slender bodies, two pairs of membranous wings, large compound eyes, and aquatic larvae.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In contrast to YOY perch, predator-sensitive prey in the diet were dominated by Trichoptera, Odonata, and Coleoptera larvae.
- Associated fossils include other disarticulated insect remains such as Diptera (true flies) and Odonata (dragonflies).
- The Odonata appeared for the first time in the Permian.
- 1.1 (as plural noun odonata) Insects of the order Odonata; dragonflies and damselflies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hence, dominance is synonymous for resource holding potential, a term more commonly used in previous studies on odonata.
modern Latin (plural), formed irregularly from Greek odōn (variant of odous) 'tooth', with reference to the insect's mandibles.
Más definiciones de OdonataDefinición de Odonata en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional