Definición de Ostrogoth en inglés:
A member of the eastern branch of the Goths, who conquered Italy in the 5th-6th centuries ad.
- The Ostrogoths settled in Italy, the Franks in northern Gaul, the Burgundians in Provence, the Visigoths in southern Gaul and Spain, the Vandals in Africa and the western Mediterranean, and the Angles and Saxons in England.
- This happened in Spain under the Visigoths and in Italy under the Ostrogoths, but both those kingdoms were swept away.
- The Ostrogoths attacked the western empire via the eastern empire.
- Example sentences
- Italy was itself contested territory, parts of which were ruled by Visigothic, Ostrogothic, Lombard, Frankish, Ottoman, or Byzantine overlords - among others - during the six centuries this study comprises.
- Incredible as it may seem, a few of their descendants were still speaking Ostrogothic some fifteen centuries later, in 1780, at the time of the American Revolution.
- Could those Crimeans really have been the last Goths, continuing to speak Ostrogothic for more than a thousand years after their kingdom fell?
Definición de Ostrogoth en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan