Definición de Pantisocracy en inglés:
A form of utopian social organization in which all are equal in social position and responsibility.
- Priestley left his home - what was left of it - went to London, and in 1794 emigrated to the banks of the Susquehanna River where he and other intellectuals tried to set up a utopian community (Pantisocracy).
- [Coleridge and Southey] threw themselves into planning Pantisocracy: an experimental and ideal community founded on human reason and directed toward human perfection.
- Coleridge even dreamt up a new word "Pantisocracy" to describe their new society: it meant "equal rule by all."
- Example sentences
- He became friendly with S. T. Coleridge and together they planned their Pantisocratic society.
- The result of Taylor's criticism was that when Southey began to revise and recast Madoc, he sought to eliminate all trace of Pantisocratic conceptions.
- Bristol was to be from where the Pantisocratic plans were to be finalized and from where the founding members would board a sailing ship for America.
Definición de Pantisocracy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan