Definición de Pentecostal en inglés:
2Of, relating to, or denoting any of a number of Christian movements and individuals emphasizing baptism in the Holy Spirit, evidenced by speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing, and exorcism.
[with reference to the baptism in the Holy Spirit at the first Pentecost (Acts 2: 9-11)]
- Arminian Baptists, Brethren and Pentecostal churches have preached the gospel of Christ within their own limited understanding.
- No one is suggesting that Catholics stop referring to the Anglican, Lutheran and Pentecostal churches.
- She was a young Pentecostal Christian from the Ukraine who had been brought to America as a child in the 1980s to escape Communist oppression.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A member of a Pentecostal movement.
- Of course, this may reflect the relative paucity of written prayer among ‘lower church’ evangelicals and Pentecostals.
- Members of fundamentalist churches, Mormons, and Pentecostals commonly exhibit a stronger missionary thrust than Catholics.
- And really, the Pentecostals and the evangelical Protestants in South America are making tremendously powerful, huge inroads into Catholic populations in cities.
- Example sentences
- To begin with, at one level, it is arguable that both evangelicalism and Pentecostalism have origins in North America during the first half of the twentieth century.
- The plurality of roots feeding both Pentecostalism and evangelicalism explains, at least in part, the diversity of both movements today.
- Here, again, comparisons and contrasts between Pentecostalism and evangelicalism are evident.
- Example sentences
- The authors also, laudably, give space to Evangelicals, Pentecostalists, and modern Native Christian traditions.
- The Baptists and Pentecostalists have pretty well held their own and the ‘new churches’ have grown over the same period from 64,000 to 230,000.
- According to the World Christian Encyclopedia, Pentecostalists have grown, in one century, from zero to 524 million worldwide.
Pronunciación: /-ist/adjetivo& sustantivo
Definición de Pentecostal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary