The center of the Inca empire, Peru was conquered by the Spanish conquistador Pizarro in 1532. Liberated by Simón Bolívar and José de San Martín in 1820–24, a republic was established. It lost territory in the south in a war with Chile 1879–83 and also had border disputes with Colombia and Ecuador in the 1930s and 1940s. Peru was troubled by revolutionary guerrilla and terrorist activity in the 1980s and 1990s
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘They're going to ship their canned asparagus over here with a lower price,’ he says of the Peruvians.
- The report leaves Peruvians with much to dwell on.
- In the end, Peruvians, Chinese, and Americans want essentially the same things: life, liberty, and property.
Definición de Peru en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional