Definición de Phoronida en inglés:
A small phylum of wormlike marine invertebrates.
- The lophophorates comprise three phyla, Brachiopoda, Phoronida, and Ectoprocta (also known as Bryozoa) that share a ciliated feeding organ known as the lophophore.
- Instead, Rouse's conclusion that ‘groups such as the Arthropoda, Brachiopoda, Chaetognatha, Ectoprocta, Gastrotricha, Phoronida may have lost a prototroch’ is totally gratuitous, and remains unaddressed by his own data.
- Many recent textbooks unite Ectoprocta, Phoronida and Brachiopoda under the name Lophophorata, a name introduced by Hyman, apparently because she did not like the much older name Tentaculata.
- Example sentences
- Hollow cavities in the bodies of animals (except for the gut) are called coeloms: for all brachiopods, phoronids and bryozoans, the hollow cavity in the lophophore is the second of the three divisions of the coelom in the entire body.
- Although the group was first documented in 1555, their phylogenetic affinities are obscure; they have been variously related to holothurians, echiurids, priapulids, phoronids, and annelids.
- Ectoprocts, phoronids and brachiopods are often dealt with under the heading Tentaculata or Lophophorata, sometimes with entoprocts discussed in the same chapter, for example in Ruppert and Barnes.
Definición de Phoronida en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan