- 1An order of insects that comprises the stoneflies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hedriumichnus may therefore have been produced by a nymph of a primitive Ephemeroptera (Mayflies; the lobes representing abdominal leglets), or Plecoptera (Stoneflies; the lobes representing globular gills).
- One small brown insect that I first thought might be some type of Plecoptera or Neuroptera quickly revealed itself to be a webspinner (Embioptera).
- Hedriumichnus, known only from the Robledo Mountains, is interpreted as the resting trace of a nymph of a primitive Ephemeroptera or Plecoptera.
- 1.1 (as plural noun plecoptera) Insects of the order Plecoptera; stoneflies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Plecoptera are thought to have a relationship with the Orthopteroid-Plecopteroid assemblage.
- Analysis of the databases shows that the Plecoptera are at a much better level of determination than the Ephemeroptera.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In many of the bootstrap analyses, node A is disrupted because the long plecopteran branch joins with the long collembolan branch, and this attraction is reduced under the more complex models.
- The taxonomic diversity of the IKIP plecopteran specimens identified to date consists of 21 species belonging to 15 genera in 6 families.
- The plecopteran fauna was studied by means of slit traps and hand net during the summers of 1982-1987.
Pronunciación: /-tərən/sustantivo & adjetivo
modern Latin (plural), from Greek plekos 'wickerwork' (from plekein 'to plait') + pteron 'wing'.
Más definiciones de PlecopteraDefinición de Plecoptera en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional