sustantivo[usually as modifier] US • informal
- A hypothetical small town regarded as typically dull or insignificant: she lived in a Podunk town notable for nothing except the girls' school where she taught artMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He made us see it was as if this soldier were on his way to Washington to help strategise for D-day and instead gets stuck in this Podunk town where he meets this guy, Woody, who thinks he's just gone off the deep end.
- I had something to prove here - people respected me in New York and it was a really hard concept to have to start all over in this little Podunk town - where the population's like, four.
- It's amazing - I went from a being a baseball guy who scouted in every Podunk town in America, then all of a sudden scouting doesn't matter anymore?
mid 19th century: a place name of southern New England, of Algonquian origin.
Más definiciones de PodunkDefinición de Podunk en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional